We all need to prioritise self-care, it is essential to thriving. Every day we deserve to do something for ourselves, that makes us feel good. This doesn't have to be an hour long bubble bath or a massage. It could be as simple as a hot coffee in 5 minutes of silence. Self-care is all about looking after our own health and wellbeing. Life is busy but we can be proactive in taking care of ourselves.
- the practice of taking action to preserve or improve one's own health.
the practice of taking an active role in protecting one's own well-being and happiness, in particular during periods of stress.
"expressing oneself is an essential form of self-care"
It can be hard to make the time, especially as a mother or a small business owner; so much of what we do is dedicated to others. But when our own cup isn't full, it is hard to keep others happy and healthy. We give love and care so easily. We deserve it too.
Here are some ideas of how to prioritise your self-care:
- Say no. Say no to things you don't want to do or aren't aligned to where you are going.
- Put the kids in front of the TV or iPad and have 5 minutes to enjoy a hot tea or coffee
- Schedule in time for fun - however, that looks for you
- Take 10 minutes to stretch or move your body
- Dance in your kitchen. My boys love this so is a great activity for everyone
- Have positive affirmations or reminders throughout your home and workspace that you read throughout the day (There are lots of great options at Wilde Road)
- Don't feel guilty for taking some time out.
- Ask and accept help
- Write lists and write your thoughts down - release the overwhelm from your mind and leave it on the paper.
- Drink water. One of life's simple survival tools.
Which one are you going to do today? They are all easy and free to do x